The building was constructed in Hijri 1022 / 1613.
Hatice Hanım had a minbar installed, and the building passed from the function of a masjid to that of a mosque.
The mosque remained partly open for worship until 1928.
The period in which the integrity of the building disappeared coincided with the mid-20th century; the plot was used for different purposes for a long time.
The revival process began in 2009 and was completed in 2022.
The mosque, rebuilt on its original site, was opened on 27 January 2023.
Prominent Features:
The founder’s official title was sekbanbaşı; this title is a distinctive piece of evidence that directly connects the building to the military-administrative world of the 17th century.
In the mosque’s waqf deed, there are records for the plot, fountain, water well, and meşruta; there are also income-producing property records in Beyoğlu, Karaköy, Gedikpaşa, and Sultanahmet.
The minaret has a brick masonry character.
The present building is not a preserved continuation of the 17th-century structure; it is a place of worship re-established on the same site in the 21st century.